We cannot maintain our quality of life as human beings and the diversity of life on earth unless we embrace it and stop producing tons of waste. By using recycled fabrics in our collections, recycling office waste and donating to environmental solutions we want to make a positive impact and protect our environment. Locally, we organize beach clean ups to create awareness of our footprint and that personal actions matter, in order to establish a more sustainable way of doing business as part of the ecosystem.
We all love to be in the ocean. We as surfers and outdoorsy people appreciate and enjoy the raw beauty of nature. We as a brand put goods related to our passion on the market. Therefore it’s self-evident that we carry responsibility to protect what we love in every possible way:
We offset our CO2 emissions from all kinds of transportation, all shipments, and running our warehouse and devices. Calcs and certificates will be published soon.
Our Bali office is 100% solar powered, saving the world one ray of sunshine at a time
We are a member of 1% for the Planet® and donate 1% of our annual sales to support environmental solutions
Say yay to plastic-free shipments and products! We ditched the polybags and biodegradable options for goold old "unpacked".
75% of our apparel collections are made from sustainable fabrics like organic cotton and others.
We create at least half of our collections from fabrics containing recycled polyester or nylon.
We work with a waste management organization to handle our office waste to recycle as much as possible
We use fabric leftovers to create cute scrunchies and other small items that would otherwise end up on the landfill.
We want to continue producing our products under fair conditions with family run businesses in Bali on the one hand – and become even more sustainable on the other!
We continously work on reducing general waste in our office, during production, in packaging and our warehouse
We are always on the hunt for the latest in sustainable fabrics.
We plan to switch from air freight to sea freight for the export of our products to decrease our CO2 footprint.
After years of working in retail, we realized the shocking amount of single use plastic bags and plastic equipment used in the clothing industry. That’s why we wrap up like this:
- Hangtags: biodegradable, no stud / metal ring
- Hangtag strings: from cotton, biodegradable
- Polybags: starting 2021, we completely quit using single use packaging for any of our products
- Boxes for shipments to end customers: biodegradable cardboard boxes for domestic shipments. For international orders we are still using polymailers to make sure that no external environmental factors, such as rain or moisture, can harm the packaging and your products
- Boxes for shipments to wholesale customers and to warehouse: biodegradable cardboard boxes
- Tape (for end consumers): crepe masking tape
- Tape (for wholesale and warehouse): Boxes for shipments to whoesale customers and to the warehouse are closed with adhesive tape made from Polyvinyl Chloride and natural rubber. Aiming to substitude these with paper based adhesive tape
We want our products to last as long as possible for you to enjoy them through the years. Therefore, it is essential that you take good care of your apparel and that you use it as intended.
You will find all the helpful care instructions in our Repair & Care Guide.
We gladly advise you on how to wash your clothes as well as on what you should do if something breaks. Throw it in the trash and buy it new? No way! Please just send us your repair request and we help you out.